Saturday 9 June 2007

Vista Services Registry Files

Have you messed up your services and want to get back to factory spec? Or do you want a way to play around with various configurations and be able to undo them if it doesn't work out? Well, look no further! Here are the default configuration Service configuration files for all versions of Vista, as well as files for the other configurations I display.

Try out the new Registry File Generator. Just select the services you want to set, and it will generate a .reg file for you (save it as a .reg when it generates).



Default Settings


Windows Vista Home Basic reg bat
Windows Vista Home Premium reg bat
Windows Vista Business reg bat
Windows Vista Ultimate reg bat

Tweaked Settings


These are currently in the works, and are use at your own risk
Windows Vista 'Safe' Settings reg bat - Use at your own risk. I've tried to weed out services that are obviously unnecessary to give you a good starting point to tweaking for your own needs/preference. Please e-mail me any problems, etc.

Windows Vista Tweaked Settings reg bat- Use at your own risk. Works for me for internet, Windows Update, DVD playing, most other things I want to do. May cause some software, etc. to stop working, but I would like to hope not. Please send me feedback on this file as well as safe if you have any issues running them. It assumes that you have your own Firewall software and Spyware software.

Windows Vista Minimal Settings reg bat - Use at your own risk. Works for me for internet, Windows Update, DVD playing, most other things I want to do. May cause some software, etc. to stop working, but I would like to hope not. Please send me feedback on this file as well as safe if you have any issues running them. It assumes that you have your own Firewall software and Spyware software.

Disclaimer: Use this site at your own risk. I am not responsible for damage to your computer, or anything else.



Note: When you run the Registry file, you may get a note saying "Some keys are open by the system or other processes." Some processes are not settable by running Registry scripts, even in safe mode. It is a bit of a pain, but all other services are set properly.


Thanks to kickarse and estcstsurfer for batch file suggestions.

No comments:

My photo
London, United Kingdom
twitter.com/zhengxin

Facebook & Twitter